For Prospective Patients
Bariatric Surgery Is Lifechanging
We can support you on your journey. The first step is a referral by your healthcare provider.
Our Registered Bariatric Dietitians specialise in supporting Bariatric Surgery patients with preparing for surgery and adjusting their diet for their new life.
You are in safe hands with your Nutrition & Life Bariatric Dietitian. They have helped hundreds of clients like you with their bariatric pre-operative and post-operative care.
We've prepared some information below to answer some common questions to put your mind at ease.
Our Dietitians Help Clients With
Bariatric Treatment Plan
Post-op diet support
What Can I Learn From Nutrition & Life?
What does a Bariatric Dietitian Do?
Bariatric Dietitians are specialists in providing nutrition-related care to patients of Bariatric Surgeons.
They can help you:
- Get ready for surgery by modifying your diet
- Make lifestyle changes before and after surgery
- Adjust your diet after surgery to prevent discomfort
Bariatric Dietitians will work closely with both patients and surgeons.
Talk to your healthcare professional to suggest Nutrition & Life for your Bariatric diet support.
Do you want to learn more about Bariatric Surgery?
Nutrition & Life work closely with Mark Smith - Bariatric Surgeon at Aspiring Bariatrics
Mark and the team have been providing Bariatric Surgery in Otago and Southland since 2012.
Visit Aspiring Bariatrics
to learn more about Bariatric Surgery.
We get it! It's not easy
You're struggling with:
- Your body is fighting weight loss methods
- You wish being fit and healthy was easy
- You're scared - that this is an option to prevent further health issues
You might think that:
- What if it doesn't work.... (it does)
- It will change your whole life....(it will)
These are the concerns we'll cover when we work with you and your surgeon.
Get Expert Help
With Your Bariatric Journey
Life is too short you've started your journey. We're right beside you.
Book Your Free Chat Online
- Convenient appointments that fit around your work
- Help that you can access when you need.
- An expert that knows what works.
- Lifelong health improvement.
- To acheive and maintain your health goals.
- Modern health soutions and technology.
Bariatric Surgery Is Becoming More Common
Nationally, annual bariatric surgery volume increased in the public sector, from 34 to 516 between 2004 and 2017, with a similar increase in available private sector figures.
Obes Surg. 2020 Jun;30(6):2285-2293.
Why Choose Us?
Virtual Dietitian or Clinic Dietitian
Dietitian Treatment Plan
University Educated Dietitians
Experienced Healthcare Professionals
We offer lifelong nutrition skills
- Our team has the training and experience you can trust.
- A Registered Dietitian has to maintain ethical and evidence-based techniques to ensure the highest standard of care for their patients.
- We are committed to giving you the training to maintain your healthy relationship with food for the long-term.
- Skip parking or traffic hassles.
- Meet us face-to-face in our Dunedin Clinic at Mercy Hospital or our Christchurch Clinic at Longhurst.
For your own life-changing journey connect with us by contacting us here
Develop Your Personal Treatment Path
Find out the secrets
to your success with expert nutrition counselling
Nutrition & Life
Move forward without the fear of food controlling you
Working With Nutrition & Life Bariatric Dietitians
Book Your Consultation Online Today
Thorough nutrition assessment and personalised recommendations.
Overview of the dietary guidelines
for bariatric surgery.
Preparation & Optifast.
Nutrition counselling and changes to;
weight, biochemistry, nutrition,and exercise.
for discharge, continued support, and maintenance.
I need value for money
- what do I get?
Guides to maintain your results
Personalised app suggestions
Text or email support
1:1 time with a Dietitian
Are you ready?
Join our very long list of happy customers who have changed their health for life
Join thousands of happy business professionals and health - conscious individuals who have, trusted Nutrition & Life and, changed their nutrition and life for good.
Over 2500 people have worked with Nutrition & Life to transform their life since 2005. Of those over 180 are Bariatric Surgery clients.
I'm Not Sure......
OK, you can choose to subscribe below for our value packed newsletter:
Subscribe for FREE Advice
Get valuable monthly updates in our health newsletter (Signup below)
Find Out Before The Rest
Find out first about any news, offers, or discounts before the crowd.
Get to know us better
By subscribing you can get to know us to see if we are the right fit.