Feel In Control With Food Again
Get professional help from Book your FREE 15 minute call
a Registered Dietitian to help you
implement healthy habits.
Nutrition & Life can help YOU stop the binge, restrict, cycle and start living
We are passionate about helping people
Food and weight loss consume you.
You try to control your food but it ends up controlling you.
Whether you’ve been diagnosed with an eating disorder or not, don’t wait to get in touch.
Our Registered Dietitians are trained to support people with binge eating, eating disorder, and disordered eating (see below if you haven't heard of disordered eating).
In fact, we have created a NEW customised plan for eating disorder patients called the RAVES plan.
If you are binging, restricting or your approach to food is getting out of control please call Nutrition & Life.
Enquire about how we can help you feel yourself and manage your body image again.
Our Dietitians Help Clients With
What Can I Learn From Nutrition & Life?
What Are Eating Disorders?
Eating disorders are a range of psychological disorders characterised by abnormal or disturbed eating habits
Some of the more common eating disorders include:
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder
If you or someone you know are struggling with any of the above please contact us.
What is the difference between Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating?
The primary difference between an eating disorder and disordered eating is whether or not a person's symptoms and experiences align with the eating disorder criteria called the DSM5 in New Zealand.
Disordered Eating is a description, not a diagnosis.
Disordered Eating symptoms include:
- Frequent dieting, food anxiety, or meal skipping.
- Rigid rules surrounding food and exercise.
- Feelings of guilt and shame associated with eating
- Obsession with food, weight, and body image reducing your quality of life
- A feeling of loss of control around food, including compulsive eating habits.
- Using exercise, food restriction, fasting, or purging to "make up for bad foods".
Left unchecked binge eating or disordered eating can get out of control.
What are Binge Eating symptoms?
Binge Eating Symptoms include:
- Eating even when you're full or not hungry.
- Feeling out of control around food.
- Eating until you are uncomftably full.
- Eating in secret.
- Finding yourself in a cycle of bingeing and then restricting.
On their own some of these behaviours are not uncommon.
However, if these are happening often then you should speak to a professional.
We get it! We can make life easier
You are struggling with thoughts and symptoms like:
- An obsession with food that is all-consuming
- Fear that recovery is impossible
- Stress eating is a compulsion rather than a habit.
You might think that:
- You can't enjoy the food you love without binging.
- You can't juggle a normal eating and a busy career.
- You don't have time to eat well and often.
- You can't afford to invest in your health.
- That you'll never feel good again.
We've got you! You CAN do it.
Find Happiness Again
With Expert Help
Life is too short! If you need help with eating disorders or disordered eating we can help you feel yourself again.
- Convenient appointments
- Help that you can access when you want.
- Time to 'focus on you' scheduled in your diary.
- An expert that knows what works.
Enjoy the friendly and gentle approach with Registered Dietitians who have helped people in your exact situation. Book Your Free Chat
Anorexia nervosa is both a genetic and metabolic disorder
A new worldwide study involving more than 100 researchers has proved that genetics contributes to anorexia nervosa and found a strong metabolic component to the illness.
Watson, H.J., Yilmaz, Z., Thornton, L.M. et al. Nat Genet 51, 1207–1214 (2019).
Dietians For Busy Professionals
Customised Healthy Eating & Lifestyle Plans
We offer treatment plans with Registered Dietitians that specialise in Disordered Eating & Eating Disorders.
- Treatment Plans designed for YOU
- Highly Qualified Registered Dietitians
- Health insurance claims accepted
- Appointments that fit around your work and home commitments
- Results that last and tips that you can stick to.
Don't wait and struggle alone.Book Your Call Today
Don't want to Book Online?
No worries, fill out the form below
and we'll call you to set up a time that suits you to discuss your health goals.
Why Choose Us?
Virtual Dietitian or Clinic Dietitian
University Educated Dietitians
- Our team has the training and experience you can trust.
- A Registered Dietitian has to maintain ethical and evidence-based techniques to ensure the highest standard of care for their patients.
- We are committed to giving you the training to maintain your healthy relationship with food for the long-term.
- Meet with us in your lounge virtually from the most remote parts of New Zealand (or even when you're on holiday).
- Skip parking or traffic hassles.
- Meet us face-to-face in our Dunedin Clinic at Mercy Hospital or our Christchurch Clinic at Longhurst.
For your own life-changing journey connect with us by contacting us here
Develop Your Personal Treatment Path
Find out the secrets
to your success with expert nutrition counselling
Nutrition & Life
Move forward without the fear of food controlling you
Working With Nutrition & Life Dietitians
Free 15 min
& lifestyle changes
Planning for discharge or maintenance
Please note: Book Your Consultation Today
Eating disorders may require a different approach. Speak to your Dietitian for details. Enquire about our RAVES plan for details.
I need value for money
- what do I get?
Guides to maintain your results
Personalised app suggestions
Text or email support
1:1 time with a Dietitian
Are you ready?
Join our very long list of happy customers who have changed their health for life
Join thousands of New Zealand men and women that have changed their relationship with food and their lives.
Over 2500 people helped by Nutrition & Life (since 2005).
Over 24 people helped by Nutrition & Life with their Eating Disorder or Disordered Eating (since 2005).
I'm Not Sure......
OK, you can choose to subscribe below for our value packed newsletter:
Subscribe for FREE Advice
Get valuable monthly updates in our health newsletter (Signup below)
Find Out Before The Rest
Find out first about any news, offers, or discounts before the crowd.
Get to know us better
By subscribing you can get to know us to see if we are the right fit.